Glycerin is one of the most useful naturally occurring compounds. It’s also known as glycerine and glycerol.Its ability to help lock in moisture in the skin remains one of its most desirable benefits, which is why it’s commonly used in soaps, toothpastes, lotions, creams and other skincare products.
Benefits of Glycerin
Glycerin’s skin benefits are numerous, but it primarily serves to hydrate skin and help it hold on to moisture. Glycerin’s benefits also include:
Minor skin irritations — Glycerin may help relieve minor skin problems, such as diaper rash, itching and skin burns, with its anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Moisturizing: Glycerin can be applied directly onto the skin as a moisturizer. It makes your skin absorbs water from air reducing the dry and dull patches on your skin. It’s therefore very useful in winters as well. Dab a cotton ball with glycerin and apply it onto your skin.
Smoothing: With aging, your skin gets rough – but using glycerin regularly can make your skin smooth and prevent other problems associated with dryness. This also helps in smoothing your skin and face by filling in the tiny cracks in the dry skin.
Nourishes Skin: Skin nourishing properties of glycerin will help to keep your skin healthy, soft and fresh.
Skin Protection : Glycerin helps keep harmful chemicals and environmental elements sout of the skin and locks moisture in.
- You can make a solution of rose water and glycerine for face toning.
- Simply mix one-fourth cup of glycerine and one and half cups of rose water in a spray bottle.
- Use when required.
- Make a solution using 3 teaspoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of glycerine.
- Apply this all over your face and go to bed.
- Wash it off the next morning taking care it doesn’t get into your eyes. Yes, it’ll sting.
- In a bowl pour 200-250 ml of glycerine.
- Add two tablespoons of freshly-squeezed lime juice to it.
- Mix this well and transfer the solution to a glass bottle.
- Put this on your face and hands every night before sleeping.
- Allow it to soak in before getting comfy in your bed.
- Make a solution using one tablespoon of glycerine, ½ a tablespoon of boric powder, camphor and a cup of distilled water.
- Apply this to your acne-affected skin using clean hands or cotton.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after 5-10 minutes.
- Splash cold water on your face to close your pores.
- Beat an egg in a glass bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of glycerine.
- Mix well and apply this mask to your face.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes.
For fairer skin
You can combine bananas and glycerine for face whitening.
- Mash an overripe banana.
- Add a tablespoon of glycerine to it.
- Mix well and apply all over your face and skin.
- Wash it off after 10-15 minutes for a glowing, fairer looking face.
- Don’t use glycerin directly on oily skin. Always dilute it preferably with rose water
- Never use glycerin in large quantities
- Do not leave it on skin for long time
- Make sure you wash you face well as glycerin might attract dust and pollution due to its sticky nature.